Roleplaying Video Games Entertainment & Media Politics & Religion General
Worldbuilding Creative Forum The Sports Center Science, Math, & Technology The Nostalgia Forum
Community feedback needed: Free Speech add_comment New Discussion add_comment New request

Video Games

breath of the wild discussion 2

Posted 3 Months ago by Giga Bytes7

Anyone remember Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Anyone interested in playing through it again, or doing so for the first time?

I remember when I first started I wasn't having a lot of fun with it, disliked the whole "weapons breaking" and difference in style from other Zelda games, and the most fun I had was blowing myself over a cliff with a bomb. But once I got the Paraglider I started to fully appreciate the whole open world element. There were other times I got really annoyed but eventually the game got more and more fun and overtook the supremely nostalgic Ocarina of Time as my favorite Zelda game. I've beaten it 11 times and am thinking about a 12th after rewatching Stampylonghead's playthrough. But it wasn't until after my ninth playthrough I learned a lot from Vinesauce and that led to my tenth.

So, any favorite parts/elements of it? Any interesting stories on your playthrough/s, about stuff you didn't get at first, or funny moments like Yiga getting struck by lightning? I have a few stories about Zora's Domain and Yiga Hideout if anyone's interested.

There are 10 Replies

Evidently I can't edit even if I put in the right password.

One thing I wanted to say as well was I have a lot of tips that don't seem to be as well known. (For instance you can use Cryonis on Ruta's ice blocks instead of having to shoot them with arrows)

3 Months ago
Giga Bytes7

Its a good game. I dont have a copy of it though :(

3 Months ago
S.O.H.

ywah originally checked it out because I was interested in how closely it seemed to resemble the opennbess of the oiriginal NES Zelda but was surprised that I actually was ab le to get in to the lore considering the series' reptuation I had heard up tot hat point.

3 Months ago
tnu

I'm on my twelfth playthrough. On my way to Hateno and riding a black horse with a white mane I named Sephiroth. I just realized the house with the hint to the statue with the purple eyes is very close to said statue. I also took a detour from the Kakariko stuff to get a shooting star in a water area. I've got enough Ancient Shafts to upgrade my bombs when I get to Hateno.

3 Months ago
Giga Bytes7

Admittedly I'm a pretty big noob on the eries onlyr elaly started developing an interest when I started delving in tot he timeline.

3 Months ago
tnu

Just today when the Moblin tried to sneak up on me on the bridge to Zora's Domain, I jumped off the bridge to get the Korok Seed below after mis-timing the Flurry Rush. Then I returned to the bridge and assassinated the Moblin from behind. I also killed the Lynel.

To anyone who's interested in my interesting story from my first playthrough:

I couldn't find a clear path to Zora's Domain from Kakariko (I think I got Lanayru Tower but I hadn't met with Sidon and noticed the path to Zora's Domain), so from the Five Flames shrine I walked along the side of the mountain, where Ruta was making it rain, getting lots of gemstones, and eventually when it stopped raining I climbed up all the way to Akkala region. From there I saw a huge waterfall between me and the first Divine Beast icon so I used Cryonis to climb it. I saw Zora's Domain but at the time thought it was the arena where you fight the Divine Beast, until I Paraglided there. (Of course all future playthroughs I took the intended path which is easier except for that one Shock Arrow spot)

I stopped for the night right before Ruta, and dreamed of what the battle with it might be. In my dream it was something like King RedEye from Star Fox Adventures. I found it to be pretty easy the following day, and afterwards realized the Divine Beasts are the dungeons, and after that, the true bosses are the Blight Ganons. (Also first playthrough I found the Korok Seed near the reservoir, which I always get every time, and somehow had no trouble avoiding the Lynel)

3 Months ago
Giga Bytes7

To anyone who's interested in my interesting story from my first playthrough:

Was this during the time you started reviewing BotW before you got past the part where you get the glider?
http://gtx0.com/read/breath-of-the-wild-review
I'm glad to see you got over your initial aversion to the game and have played through it multiple times. I've only played through it once and I still haven't done everything in it.

3 Months ago
Q

Well, it would've been after I got the Paraglider, and after I beat that Modest Test of Strength that annoyed me so much I gave him a nickname I probably shouldn't say here, I think that shrine (Muwo Jeem Shrine) was was when I was ranting and raving about it. (I can beat him easily now and I beat him with a spiked club every time. Also I got a Blood Moon right after that shrine so I re-killed him for another of his axes, and did so a third time after the second Blood Moon with my Royal Claymore, which I had previously used to kill both the Shatterback Point Lynel and Waterblight Ganon. Speaking of Muwo Jeem shrine, I killed the Bokoblins at the nearby camp but the only reward is a weapon that does 7 damage, which is disproportionate to the three elite Bokoblins at the camp)

I just got the Master Sword. I had 10 hearts and got the devil statue to turn three stamina vessels into heart containers, then switched them back when I got the Master Sword. In total it cost 120 rubies but I got plenty to spare. I beat Ruta, got Faron and Lake Towers, Eventide Island, Central Tower, found Malanya. (Almost needed him too as my horse Sunset almost got killed by Guardians going from Central Tower to the nearest shrine)

3 Months ago
Giga Bytes7

Also the part about the Blood Moon and re-killing that Guardian twice refers to my current playthrough, not my first, in case that wasn't clear. (I can't edit my posts)

3 Months ago
Giga Bytes7

It's a good game but I don't think I'd want to play it again. I felt enemies could use a little variety and the look and feel of dungeons and shrines was too repetitive.

3 Months ago
Panty Tight Kitten

Reply to: breath of the wild discussion 2

Username
Password