A case for banning people from their own threads
Posted: Posted September 25th, 2017 by #85
Several months ago I spoke out against a hypothetical block feature.
Now, I think that users should be able to individually ban other users from being able to post in their thread.
1. Each users thread is their own.
2. Each user can make their own thread regarding anything anyway, so being excluded from certain threads doesn't equate to exclusion from the site.
3. Too often threads are derailed and too much effort is spent attempting to get the thread back on the original topic of discresion.
4. This feature will probably be most used against me anyway, which is fine since I usually start my own threads anyway.
5. I don't see anyone abusing this feature anyway. I personally would just like to use it on one or two people for my threads, which are often under attack by the same people.
6. Sometimes a mods decision may not be what the creator of the thread wanted for his thread. This is the case with many people here.
There are 29 Replies