Arena Test I -- Dead, but being used to test thingsSpace War 0: Free Space (Still alive, just busy elsehwere)
Site
GTX0 AnnouncementsFeedbackHelp | SandboxNewest Posts | Replies | Hottest
Activities GTX0 Mafia | AutoMafiaGTX0 Adventure | NIFESpectator GamingThe Flowvamp
Topics
Communities NostalgiaAxemsDrunjkPointless
Communities RPG ChatTerraria & IndiesJedi SithCovenant
Entertainment Computer Help & ChatSports | Entertainment & MusicWrestlingCreative Outlet
Special Topics World & PoliticsReal LifeSpiritualityScience & Math
Games
Game Genres StrategyMario WorldPokémonFinal Fantasy/RPGs
Superforums Video Game News & DiscussionsLegend of ZeldaAnimated/JapaneseDueling Cards
Popular Games OverwatchSuper Smash BrosMass EffectHalo


Feedback


Feed the back. om nom nom.
Xhin is listening.
Audio ads
Posted: Posted June 12th by Ghowilo

They are literally inhibiting my ability to use this site. They seem to like to use the ad space on the bottom of the site.

There are 13 Replies

I've never had an audio ad on this site.

Posted June 12th by Moonray
Moonray
 



Well that's what's buffering in the bottom ad space in this image.

Posted June 12th by Ghowilo
Ghowilo

This has been happening the past 2 or 3 days for me. 80% of the time it's Charter internet talking to me, the other 20% it's Allstate car insurance.

Posted June 12th by Ghowilo
Ghowilo

ublock?

Posted June 12th by S.O.H.
S.O.H.
 

I try not to run adblock on this site in order to support it. But when it creates constant stuttering then I will block them all!

Posted June 12th by Vandy
Vandy

How much is a month of ad revenue?

Posted June 12th by S.O.H.
S.O.H.
 

@Xhin: has blacklisted a couple of ads in the past when they were brought up as problems. I had to periodically turn adblock on some time ago because some faulty ad kept stealing page focus and making it literally impossible to type up a post. Getting some identifying information on them helps (knowing Charter/Allstate is hopefully enough to get it done).

as a general internet note, audio banner ads are horrifically unacceptable

Posted June 12th by Pirate_Ninja
Pirate_Ninja

Ads pay for the site.

As PN said though, if you find out what the link of the intrusive ads are I can block them.

Posted June 12th by Xhin
Xhin
Rise from ashes

Stop downloading stupid programs.

Posted June 13th by Killkhan
Killkhan
 

@Xhin: has blacklisted a couple of ads in the past when they were brought up as problems. I had to periodically turn adblock on some time ago because some faulty ad kept stealing page focus and making it literally impossible to type up a post.

I'm still adblocking because that one shows up all the damn time.

Strange thing is, it looks exactly like the one in Ghowilo's picture.

Posted June 13th by Count Dooku
Count Dooku

The audio ads steal focus as well Dooku, so they're probably the same thing.

I clicked on one @Xhin: this is where it lead me. I will continue to collect urls for you to blacklist.
http://www.rainlocal.com/mortgage?id=1746

Posted June 13th by Ghowilo
Ghowilo

Rainlocal is blocked. Apparently they're a whole advertising network, so this should fix the problem for everyone.

Posted June 13th by Xhin
Xhin
Rise from ashes
Reply to: Audio ads

Enter your message here


Site Rules | Complaints Process | Register Complaint Facebook Page
GTX0 © 2009-2017 Xhin GameTalk © 1999-2008 lives on