!!=sapphire Adventure Classic
This game type is meant for games that follow the old Adventure game formula -- multi-player competitive/cooperative games, with a lot of Host-player interaction via manual actions and a lot of player-player interaction as well. Here, automatic actions are used for convenience or to set up specific game mechanics, but aren't meant for complex long-term systems.
!!= Panels used
* All of them.
!!= Plugins used
* Events / Procedures
* Conditional Items
* Character Talking
* Sparring System / Traps (though this should at least be optional -- not all games are going to involve combat). Also things related like Potions.
!!= Optional plugins
* Basically all of them, except they should be grouped better into plugin packs depending on what you're trying to do exactly.
* Could probably exclude Foe Spawn, Skills, Lootboxes, Lore, Quests, maybe Summons. Those are intended for a different game type. Again, you *can* add them if you turn the safety off.
!!= Plugin updates that would improve things
* Basically nothing. Everything that would make this game type better was already added in NIFE v4.
!!= Necessary interface updates
* Obviously, profile/journal updates
* Player messages should be more visible
* Secret Club integration, as well as NIFE-specific clubs (like maybe a club for Aliens).
!!= Advertising goal
What I'd like to do is set up "Scenarios" via game mechanics and then advertise to Hosts to run it. There would be a separate set of tutorials for these types of Hosts, who would mostly handle manual actions and/or make changes to the game world but wouldn't need to set things up initially.
Ideally, Game Instancing would be set up and we could instance a game engine every time we ran a specific game scenario -- this would save a loooooooooot of work on my end between games, but isn't strictly necessary.
Edited April 11th